Stories from the Road
Tucson, Arizona
The Arizona Inn
The man at the desk this morning tried hard to persuade us
to take the jump on, jump off trolley into Tucson. He said we would find little
parking, particularly on a Monday morning. I had visions of driving into New
York City during rush hour. He was a nice young man, who was sincere, but we
decided to take our car.
My Garmin led us into the city, and within minutes we had a
nice parking space with a two-hour meter. There was little traffic and Tucson
seemed lacking people. We cruised some blocks and looked at interesting
buildings. There were many homeless people hanging out in a central park, and I
thought the same things I always did, when I saw the homeless in San Diego.
They had to be bored, and what a waste of lives. I could tell by some of their
set ups that these people were creative and enterprising, and not only were
they losing out, but society was also,
We drove around the University of Arizona, a huge,
attractive campus, before stopping for lunch in an area adjacent to it. I was
hoping to have more Mexican food, but we couldn’t find a Mexican restaurant. We
ended up in a Greek restaurant, and we each had a sandwich and mineral water.
We found a gelato place nearby and had a walking desert.
The Arizona Inn has a large pool, and we have been swimming
laps in the morning and evening. We love the quiet peaceful atmosphere of the
Inn, and I am glad that Karen and Ron Zappone recommended it to us. They once
spent a family Christmas at the Inn.
Last night at dinner Vicki overheard a modest looking man
say he had fourteen cars. He said he loved cars and considered them art
objects. A tablemate asked him where he stored the vehicles, and he told her
that he had an underground storage unit accessible by elevator. How can you not
be curious about all that?
No comments:
Post a Comment