Stories from the Road
October 29/30, 2014
Washington, D.C.
Café Paradiso is a couple of blocks from our hotel. It is an unpretentious place with terrific
Italian food. Vicki and I split a Caesar’s salad and each had Chicken Parmesan,
which was the best I have ever had. Since it was happy hour, my Heinekens only
cost three dollars.
This morning we took the metro into the downtown area to
finish out tour of the Holocaust Museum. It was an interesting, absorbing,
sobering two hours. We found a nice restaurant nearby that was bustling.
Splitting a corn beef sandwich with fries, we enjoyed lunch, before heading to
the Spy Museum. By definition the exhibits were antiquated, but we enjoyed our
time there. There is apparently an Andrew Wyeth exhibit at the National Museum,
and we will head there tomorrow.
Last night found Vicki and me in a local Indian restaurant.
I wasn’t sure what to order, but the shrimp dish I chose was very good. Our
waiter was kind and curious, and I enjoyed talking with him. Later I watched
game 7 of the World Series. It was a great game with much drama and heroics. I
saw the game twice actually because the TV people replayed every piece of
action at least two times. After a while their constant chatter and use of
superlatives became annoying. It was as if a museum guide stood before the Mona
Lisa and kept saying how great it was. Let the game do its own talking!

No comments:
Post a Comment