Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Stories from the Rehab Trail/ May 2013

My latest Don Winslow book, “Satori”, is great. Dennis Humphrey introduced me to the author, when we were skiing in Steamboat Springs this winter. By now I have read many of Winslow’s books and enjoyed all of them. “Satori”, is one of his best. His books typically have adventure, excitement, danger, and interesting character development. All of the ones I have read have been downloaded from the Kindle Store to my Ipad via a Kindle app. Dennis also lent me a couple of books through the Kindle lending library. The library loads you a book for two weeks before it disappears from your device.

Last night Vicki and I watched an HBO program about children, age 9-11, who were accomplished musicians. It was excellent. There were fiddlers, piano players, cello players, and others. It was fun to see how good these young people were and how much they were enjoying themselves. The program was only thirty minutes, and I was hoping that it went on longer.

I received an email today from my friend George Arguin, who lives in Mattapoisett, Mass. His email brought back memories of kitchen visits in the late 60’s. Several friends and I rented a large house in Newton. On a Saturday night we would often go to one restaurant or another in Boston with our dates. If the meal was good, we would walk into the kitchen and congratulate the cooks and their staff. The people in the kitchen loved it, but the front people went crazy. In more recent times we ask the chef out to our table, and frequently he comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment