Thursday, March 3, 2016

Questions for Outdoor Doc

Q:  Where is a good family ski area?

A:  Snowmass, CO. Nice grooming and a great ski school.

Q:  I want to go to Glacier National Park, but I am worried about bears. Should I be?

A:  Bears are an issue, but I wouldn't let it stop your trip. Educate yourself by reading, talking to Rangers, and following park policy. Travel on busy trails and carry pepper spray. Use common sense.

Q:  I want to learn Whitewater Kayaking. Is it dangerous? Where can I learn it?

A: It is crucial to get good instruction. That is the best way to be safe. Learn how to paddle and learn about river dynamics. Research schools and chose by reputation, price, and location. There is a good school in Kernville in California. 

Q:  I want to hike in the Aspen area. What do I need to know.

A:  Get some guide books. Talk to people in the outdoor shops. Be careful of big afternoon thunder and lightening storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment