July 22, 2016
Olympia, WA
Lucas works for a nearby fire department. It is very difficult to get hired by departments as the applicants far outnumber the number of open positions. There were 6000 applicants for positions with the Seattle Fire Department.
I am looking out over Ken Lake as I write this blog. There are kids swimming here and there but no ducks this afternoon. Apparently they move on once the ducklings can fly. They will be back in the coming months.
Lucas and his girlfriend Jaime will be coming to the Lake for dinner tonight. . Both are outdoor people and are comfortable camping and hiking in the backcountry for extended periods of time. They are competent people, with whom it is fun to talk. After a nice dinner on the patio overlooking the lake, we played bocce ball. Marle and I fell to Lucas and Maria 11-4. Tomorrow Marle and I play golf at Tumwater.
A thunder and lightening storm rolled in late last night. It reminded me of being a camper on Lake Winnipesaukee many years ago. We would watch the storm coming across the lake bringing sheets of rain which fell on us soon enough. There was always an excitement accompanying these storms, which often were accompanied by thunder and lightening.
No comments:
Post a Comment