October 14, 2016
Whitefield, NH
The drive from Hancock to the northern part of the state was scenic and interesting. I drove by my old house, which has been renovated and modernized. We had lunch in Littleton, a quaint town that is the commerce center for this part of New Hampshire. I chatted it up with the waitress at the Littleton Diner before stopping at the local barbershop to pat a couple of handsome huskies. The barber lived in Dalton “up on the mountain”, and his huskies were his companions.
Everyone at our new hotel, The Mountain View, is friendly and helpful. We have a tee time tomorrow at 10:20. I would have preferred to play earlier, but they need time to let the frost melt.
The hotel was starting to hop last night, as people arrived for the weekend. We ate in the tavern. Vicki had a lobster roll, and I ordered meat loaf. Tonight we will go to their fine dining venue. A big wedding group arrived yesterday afternoon from Boston. You could tell immediately that these people were going to enjoy themselves. I talked to some of them as they were checking in, and they were already in great spirits.
No comments:
Post a Comment