November 28, 2013
Bermuda
The rains swept across the Island around noon today. WE played golf early and were lucky to have sun with manageable wind. Vicki shot a 51 on the front nine today. That is an excellent score.
There is no natural water in Bermuda. Every house is equipped with a tank in its basement. The roofs are specially constructed to funnel rainwater down to the basement where it is filtered. Some homes can use desalinated water. Our friends Barb and Chris until recently only used rainwater stored in their 22,000-gallon tank. The island gets about 55 inches a year.
I am reading my final Daniel Silva novel, “ The Messenger”, which I am enjoying. The hero Gabriel Allon is on the trail of terrorists again. If you haven’t read one, you should give one of Daniel Silva’s books a try, as they are absorbing and fun to read.
Tomorrow is our last day here. We are hopping to play golf again, but it all depends on the weather. My I Phone says clear skies, but we’ll see. We’ll be up at 7 and hopefully on the course at 8.
Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment