Sunday, January 10, 2016

Road Rage Remembered

Last week I had two experiences that were polar opposites. One morning I was jogging in the dark and was about to cross Del Mar Heights Road. There was one car coming, and I was prepared to wait for it to pass. The car, a taxicab, stopped in the middle of the road, put on its flashes, and motioned for me to pass. It was a very generous move.


Some days later I was driving to the golf course where I practice on some mornings. I noticed at one point that a car was stalking me. The driver pulled up next to me and tried to get me to look at him. Then he would drop back and ride on my bumper. If I committed some sort of transgression, I have no idea what it was. I wasn't going very fast. He then pulled in front of me. I realized that this is a situation, which could get out of hand. I slowed down and let the rage driver get in front of me. He flipped me off. I didn't react, I Looking ahead, and I My speed at a steady 60. When my exit came up, I left the highway, and the rage driver was ahead of me.

There are kind people out there, and there are angry people looking for an altercation.

No comments:

Post a Comment