Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy Hour



The mayor of Boston banned Happy Hour some time ago. I guess people became too happy for their own good. I wasn’t aware that Happy Hours were so popular until a year ago, when Vicki, Laura Rafal, her husband Fred Blumenstein and I began going to different Happy Hours every Wednesday at 5:00 PM.

I was surprised to discover that almost every restaurant has a Happy Hour. Typically certain appetizers and drinks are half price. Often the deals are very good. For instance at Devanti Enoteca, Vicki and I typically split an inexpensive salad and a 7 dollar12 “ pizza. 

Over time I came to see that Happy Hour is the new third meal for most restaurants. Lunch, Happy Hour, and dinner are the program at most places it seems. At Market, an upscale restaurant in Del Mar, there is no happy hour. When I asked the hostess why they didn’t have one, she said,” Every hour is a happy hour”. I had nothing to say to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment