January 13, 2017
Snowmass Village, CO.
| ski in ski out |
| Campground Trail |
| top of Sam's Knob |
Dean may well have been the best skier I have ever skied with. He was very understated, at one point saying; “ It is fun when you link a couple of turns together.” Was he a ski instructor in the past? I will leave the reader to figure that out!
At lunch we sat with some very funny guys from New York City. Later in the year they will head with their ski club to Chamonix, France. The club will stay at an all-inclusive Club Med, which will provide members with a private guide for every ten people. One of the guys showed me his ski tracker, which recorded his fastest speed at 55. I told him the room was getting macho as I noted my best speed, which was considerably lower than his. I said I would call his wife and tell her to erase the information, when he was sleeping. We all had a good time.
At 5 this evening we’ll have a drink with our friends Nancy and Roger Leonard. Unfortunately Nancy suffered two hairline fractures on her clavicle today, when she hit some rocks on Campground Run. We’ll learn more this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment