Monday, January 2, 2017

Godiva

During a recent recuperation from surgery a kind friend brought me a box of Godiva chocolates. Though I had tasted Godiva chocolates before, their essence must have escaped me, as I was unprepared for the wave of wonderful sensations that swept over me, as I ate this wonderful candy. Like a fine, aged cheese or a good martini, Godiva chocolates snap the consumer to attention. Some military people have even been known to render an involuntary hand salute after consuming a piece of Godiva.

After the box of Godiva was finished, my wife graciously bought me a box of these pedigreed candies. What other company provides its costumers with individual descriptions of each piece of candy? By now we knew how to manage the caloric gold that was safely tucked away in our refrigerator. Like jungle survivors we rationed the fine candy. One, at the most two pieces a night was the quota.

In addition to amounts of candy eaten, there is the important issue of process. One could pop a Godiva into a mouth on the move, but would you eat a filet mignon while multi tasking? I don’t think so! Godiva candies are best consumed sitting quietly with no other agenda present. Exclamations of satisfaction are allowed as are facial communications of all types. Moments of quiet appreciation also work.

Godiva chocolates are expensive, but so is fine wine and gourmet dining. When rationed they last a long time, and like a mortgage the cost is spread out over time. Godiva candies are not recommended for children or people with impulse problems as the box’s life span will be severely limited. Many feel that Godiva chocolates should only be purchased for special occasions, but I suppose life itself is a special occasion. There is a Godiva store in the University City Shopping mall. Go sooner rather than later!



No comments:

Post a Comment