January 18, 2017
Snowmass Village, CO.
So what are modern day skiers wearing out there? When I first started skiing, I wore stiff leather boots, stretch ski pants, a down jacket with a wool sweater underneath. Mitts and a wool cap topped my outfit off. I skied on Head metal skis.
The new gear is expensive, but it lasts. I find that I change skis about every 6 years to keep up with evolving technology. A ski that suits me well is Dynastar from France. Years ago people often had two pair of skis, one for powder and one for hard back. The new skis perform well in all kinds of conditions.
The ski industry is very competitive, and Snowmass has added some services that are creative and helpful to the skier. At the top of the main lift employees hand out hot cider and energy bars free of charge. There are ski ambassadors there who will answer questions about the mountain. At certain times the ambassadors will lead guests on an all mountain tour, so people can get to know the area. All the employees on the mountain are friendly and ready to answer questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment