October 24, 14
From 30,000 feet
My neighborhood was quiet this morning at 4:00 AM, when I went downstairs to start the coffee pot. Our shuttle man was on time, and soon we were at the airport and then in the sky toward our destination of Washington, D.C., where we were going to attend the wedding of Krissy Frazao.
The bride is a newscaster in Washington D.C., and she is marrying a photojournalist, Andrew Smith. Both bride and groom are attractive, smart, sophisticated young people, and I am looking forward to seeing them and meeting their friends.
The Southwest plane is a new one, and it is comfortable. The flight attendants are friendly, and we are enjoying the ride thus far. Wednesday I played golf with Gary Vernon, Richard Trumbull, and Vicki. Richard lives much of the year in Mexico, where he paints and plays tennis and golf. He is a renaissance man, who is always learning new things. When in San Diego, he is a frequent golf partner. He and his wife Sylvia travel, and this spring they will journey from their home in Mexico to Southern France. I pointed out to him that he is one of the few people I know, who takes a vacation from his vacation. Both Richard and Gary have infectious senses of humor, and it is fun to play golf with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment