October 26, 2014
Alexandria, VA.
Buses took us back to the hotel, and we walked a couple of blocks to the reception, where calamari, oysters, cold cuts, and smoked salmon greeted us. The bar was open. Later we sat down to a lobster and filet mignon dinner. Toasts, dancing, and a professional slide show of the couple through time followed. It was a wedding amongst weddings. The bride, who I have known since birth, was gracious, poised, warm, and funny. She is what you would want your daughter to be.
At dinner I sat next to a man from Maryland, who had done an across Scotland canoe race with a friend. He kept using words like “hard corps, but fun.” At one point the racing team was hypothermic and hallucinating, when they pulled ashore to sleep and get warm. The hard corps description seemed right, but I don’t know about the fun.
As the bride and groom danced and socialized, Vicki and I headed out to our hotel. We both agreed that Andrew and Krissy along with their parents had been generous hosts, who wanted their guests to have a memorable experience. They succeeded in their wishes. On Monday Andrew and his new bride fly to Italy to vacation in Sorrento, Capri, and Rome.
No comments:
Post a Comment