Snowmass, CO
January 17, 2016
I am looking at a lot of new snow that fell last night. Yesterday’s exhaustion reminded me of a hike the late Kevin O’Grady and I took up Mt. Adams forty years ago. We drove to New Hampshire on Friday night with my Samoyed. I was in good shape and hiked all the time. It was November, and light snow intermittently fell.
There were a couple of small cabins open to climbers on the side of Mt. Adams.
Our hotel seems to attract a lot of seniors (not me). They are a nice group but sometimes the pace here moves slowly. Today we ate breakfast with a group of 25-30 year olds from Las Vegas. They were friendly and fun and having a great time. One of the group set up several ski trips a year for this group f friends. They already had been to Whistler and Jackson Hole. The group for some reason was dressing up as animals and skiing around the mountain. I told them they were bringing Disney World to the Rockies.
We were talking about traffic in San Diego and Las Vegas. The conversation drifted into speeding ticket, and one of the guys said it wasn’t a good idea to get a ticket in a national park, as the tariff was $450.00. I asked him in which park he had received his ticket, and he said, “Yosemite, Zion, and Red Rocks.”
Have a good evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment