Thursday, April 6, 2017

Stories from NY State

Stories from the road
August 7, 2013
Cazenovia, New York

The sun is shining today over the lake, but there are many clouds in the sky. Vicki is headed out to do some shopping with her female cousins, and I will head to the golf course at 1030. There is some sort of event going on, and that is the earliest that I can play.

I have almost finished by Daniel Silva novel, Portrait of a Spy. It is very good, and as usual the hero, Israeli spy; Gabriel Allon has put himself in an impossible situation. It will make for good reading later in the day. This is the third or fourth Silva book that I have read, and they all have been excellent.

Today I played golf with Vicki’s cousin Peter. Another teen-age cousin, Matt Nardella, who with his twin brother, Colin, won the New York State high school doubles championship this past spring. The Cazenovia Golf Club course is brutal in many ways. Hilly with slick, downward sloping greens, the course is extremely challenging. I played better the second nine, and we all had a good time.

Tonight we’ll eat in the tavern of our Inn. It serves the same food as the dining room, but the portions and prices are less. The tavern overlooks the lake and is very comfortable. Tomorrow I play golf with Peter, and tomorrow night we go to dinner at the home of Mark Nardella, another cousin. Friday we fly from Syracuse to Chicago to San Diego.





No comments:

Post a Comment