Rome. Italy
September 21, 2016
Even flying from Boston rather than San Diego, it is a long day to Rome. I enjoyed my cubicle (more than coach) in Business Class on the BOAC flight to Heathrow. No lines getting on the plane, time in the longue, and then a “little private room.” The flight people were friendly and polite, and we had no problem making our connection to Rome.
Leonardo Da Vinci Airport presented a different cultural experience. Rogue cabbies were trying to lure us to their vehicles; the noise level was high, and the driving as usual was nutso. Our driver seemed like a nice man, but I felt like I had entered a Bourne movie once I entered his cab, as he drove in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed for forty minutes or so.
The people in front of us at the check in desk at Hotel Dei Borgognoni were told their reservations weren’t in the system. I was about to make an empathetic comment, but I didn’t think they would receive it well. Hopefully things got straightened out.Our hotel is nice, but it doesn’t look as spiffy as it did on the web page. The location is great, even if the place could use a make over. We will turn in early to get ahead of jet lag. Earlier we had a mixed salad and lasagna at a neighborhood place. The food was excellent, and I had a nice interaction with the chef, who was wandering around the restaurant. He seemed to appreciate our positive comments about his lasagna.
Tomorrow we’ll wander the city a bit and hit some familiar spots. The hotel has a nice buffet breakfast, which we will take advantage of. Have a nice evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment