March 8, 2013
Whitefish, Montana

The sun is shining brightly on the peaks that rise to 12,000 feet in Glacier National Park. It is late afternoon in the North Country, and the house is quiet. I swam and read after meeting the skiers for lunch at Big Mountain. Vicki and Roger rented short wide skis, and they both skied well through the fresh powder. Lucas’s Black Diamond skis are wide and light, designed for high speed cruising through the trees in the backcountry.
Dr. Ron Zappone, friend to many mental health providers in San Diego, has been very ill. He isn’t up to visitors but appreciates cards and emails. rzappone@san.rr.com. He is a kind, gracious person, and we are sending him good vibes from Montana.Today Patti Frazao retires from 31 years of outstanding work at Kaiser Hospital, where she worked in the substance abuse program. Best wishes to this fine person. Pattifrz@aol.com.
The deer are out. Two are lying down in the Spragg’s back “woods” as I type. I took some good pictures of them and will take more, if they are still there, when I finish this entry. Usually there are many on the three-mile drive from the Spragg’s house to Highway 93, which takes us into town. Yesterday I also saw a group of twenty wild turkeys at the side of the road.I am on a new Don Winslow book now. This one takes place in Laguna Beach and tells the story about some young guys growing marijuana and where it takes them. His books are fast paced and his characters complex and interesting. Dennis Humphrey showed me how to lend books from the kindle library, and that has been a fun process.
Last night we ate at the Golf Course restaurant. It is one of the best restaurants anywhere, is reasonably priced, comfortable, and consumer friendly. We all had prime rib, which was excellent. Roger and I had a pre dinner martini, and he Lucas, and I shared a bottle of Crios Malbec with our meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment