My practice routine has evolved over the years. As I have improved, I have become more focused in practice. Here is my current routine.
1. I try to go to the short game area first. Recently I have been hitting lob shots short when I have a bunker between a green and me. The problem has been lack of acceleration through the ball. I knew this, but I wasn’t doing better. Thus I got behind the practice bunker and hit shots onto different pins. I hit 40 or so balls.
3. I then practice some short chips around the practice green trying to make good contact and end up facing the spot I am trying to land my ball.
4. Next, I hit the range and hit about 30 balls using a variety of clubs. I work on getting through the ball, hitting a draw, and pitching to a spot. A fault is collapsing my right arm and hitting across the ball. That is a work in progress to correct.
5. My final practice place is the large putting green at FRCC. I first practice long putts for speed. I then do the Phil drill of hitting numerous balls in a circle from three feet. I sometimes enlarge the circle. If the green is relatively empty I putt to each flag and try to make a 2 or better. I consider two a par and 3 a bogey etc. I try to get around in par or better. It is not easy, as some of the holes are far apart.
It would be interesting to read about others’ routines.
No comments:
Post a Comment