May 15, 2015
Marfa, Texas
Hotel Pisano
tonight and the golf course lady thought the wedding reception might be at a nearby farm.
On the way back to town we saw a local sheriff catch two traffic violators within several minutes. I immediately slowed down. Before town, Vicki spotted three antelope in a nearby field, and we stopped to take pictures. The animals gradually separated and moved further away as we got closer, though I managed to get some good shots with my telephoto lens.
Tonight Betsy and Josh hosted a barbecue at the local golf course. We sat at long tables that seated forty of fifty people and looked out over thousands of acres of pastureland. It was right out of “Giant”. I sat next to a very nice couple from Pennsylvania. They had lived in Europe for seven years, as the husband worked as a civilian contractor with the Army. Their son became an expert skier and later graduated from Annapolis. He now is a Navy pilot and now lives on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Their daughters are also accomplished, professional people who live in Pennsylvania. I hope we can spend more time with the couple tomorrow.
Josh and Betsy had planned to show an outdoor movie accompanied by popcorn and root beer floats. Unfortunately, a big storm with high winds swept across the golf course, and many of us scampered to our cars. Vicki and I returned to the hotel, and I am not sure if others stayed to try to wait out the rain or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment