June 15, 2016
Cloverdale, CA.
Old Crocker Inn
| Old Crocker Inn |
Eventually we made it to Cloverdale, a smart little town 20 miles north of Healdsburg. After some hassle we got on the right road for the Old Crocker Inn, which was an isolated property. Set on 5 acres the inn has a storied past, when it was a small part of an enormous ranch owned by some of the people who help built California. Now it consists of a lodge and small number of rooms and cabins in a very private, quiet area. I told the owner, a bearded man with a sharp wit, that the Inn was a unique property, and he said, “ I am unique too.” I didn’t disagree. This afternoon we’ll hang out at he Inn and go to dinner in the early evening in, Cloverdale.
| local |
Dinner tonight was in Cloverdale, a sleepy place with some charm. We found an Italian restaurant owned by a couple, who were very pleasant. The man was Hispanic, and his wife was Italian. We both had veal dishes that were tasty.
It is early morning here in Cloverdale. There are no sounds out there, and I didn’t see any deer in the parking lot. After breakfast we’ll head into Healdsburg, which I visited some years ago for my 50 TH high school reunion. A classmate, Lou Preston, owner of Preston Vineyards of Dry Creek, owns a winery there.
Have a good day.
David DiCicco
No comments:
Post a Comment