Thursday, June 9, 2016

Golf Yesterday

June 8, 2016

It was warm yesterday but overcast. The day started with a blue heron sitting near us on the first tee of the lakes Course at Fairbanks. Vicki and I were first on the starter’s list, but I waved phantom Neil through right away, as I knew I would never see him after hole 1. My game improved as we played the Lakes and then the Ocean Course. It was one of those days, when bad shot were few, and good ones dominated my game.

While warming up I talked to a workman spraying the practice green. He told me he had to be licensed to do his job, and he commuted from Temecula every day. He would soon be leaving the club to work at The Journey, a course in his hometown. He was clearly a competent man, and I thought this is the kind of an employee one wants.

Two blue herons flew low over our heads on the Ocean Course. Later I almost stepped on a duck family looking for Vicki’s ball. On the funky hole number five I watched a young guy put a ball over the green, which was 260 yards away. I was impressed.

Eventually we ended up in the middle of a shotgun tournament, but we finished quickly without holding anyone up. After coffee and talking with Carolyn, we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment