Sunday, October 22, 2017

Stories

Stories from the Road
Bellingham, WA
October 2, 2017


Fall has come to this city on the banks of Puget Sound. Allegiant Air was our carrier from San Diego. The bare-bones airline flies twice a week directly to and from the small airport outside Bellingham. Our plane looked like it had seen better days, but it got us there safely. The airline looks like a bargain, but it charges for everything, I was surprised there wasn’t an oxygen tariff.

At the airport in San Diego, there were several police operations taking place. One woman was led away in handcuffs, and a group of three talked with police for about an hour. Finally, the authorities searched their bags. I was curious what was going on.

This morning we saw Lucas our nephews' new house in Bellingham. Later we walked through a running creek in a nearby park. At higher water levels local kayakers run the creek, which looked like class 4 with some class 5 drops, Between the mountains, rivers, and oceans, there are terrific outdoor resources in the area.

In the San Diego airport, I talked with some people from Poland, who were now living in Vancouver..Vicki and I had visited their country on a hiking trip, and we had a good time comparing noted. The family minus mom had cruised to San Diego and then vacationed there for a few days. The middle school-aged


boy was using a skateboard and carry a bogey board. I told his father he was a California kid now.

No comments:

Post a Comment