There are several golf mistakes that drive me nuts. I work
on correcting them, but from time to time they reappear.

1.
Shanks: The ball hits the horsel and goes sharp
right. It is a nowhere shot that haunts many golfers. I try to keep my right
arm tucked into my body and that helps. If I get a case of the shanks, Clark
Renner showed me a drill that gets me back on track. Put two balls close
together and hit the inside ball. To hit the ball correctly you will swing away
from a shank plane.
2.
Hitting a
chip thin. If you don’t get your weight on your left side and keep your
head down. You may skull the ball and send it skipping along the ground far
from the hole. Ugh!
3.
Not
getting out of a bunker on the first try. It is frustrating to waste shots
in a sand trap. I go to the practice trap often to correct this problem. If you
hit too far behind the ball, you ball will only go a few feet and may roll back
to your feet! It takes practice to hit the proper distance behind the ball while
a keeping your weight forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment