February 6, 2017
Snowmass Village, CO.
At 4:30 I stopped watching the playoff between Hideki Matsuyama and Webb Simpson at the Waste Management Open in Phoenix and made my way to the dining room, where in typical efficient style, the Leonards had secured a good table with plates and silverware.
The game between my home team and the Falcons was initially discouraging. The Patriots, normally a precise team, couldn’t seem to do much right. At the end of three quarters I decided to go back to my room. I turned the TV on, as I lay in bed, and like fans everywhere, I couldn’t believe what was happening. Brady and company played wonderfully as they tied the game, and then won it in overtime. Boston people felt justice had been done in light of the controversial punishment handed down by Commissioner Goodell earlier in the year.
Tom Brady joins a long list of Boston sports’ heroes such as Bob Cousy, Bill Russell, Larry Byrd, Carl Yastrzemski, Ted Williams, David Ortiz, and Bobby Orr. Tom lives in Brookline, Mass., not far from owner Robert Craft. Interestingly the Brookline Country Club, which abuts his home, denied his application for membership with the reasoning that his presence would bring too much attention to the club. He can join my club any time he wants!
No comments:
Post a Comment