Friday, July 15, 2016

I was impressed




1. We recently at a restaurant on Coronado called Stake Chophouse with Lou and Elinor Mone. The eatery was having a surf and turf special. When it came time for the meal to come out of the kitchen, the waiter appeared at our table with a medium sized box. What is this, I thought?  He opened the box, which was filled with fine cutlery. He showed a number of fine knives from different countries and suggested we pick the one that appealed to us. I took a knife from Japan, and we were off and running.
2. I was at the Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course for a lesson with Clark Renner. I looked over and saw a 5 or 6-year-old boy at the first tee with his father.  The first hole is 150 yards. The boy would up, took a big swing, and hit the ball on the edge of the green. He then chipped it up near the cup. Later I gave him a dozen balls I had found in the creek and told him to keep on playing.
3. We were eating at the Aquavite Ristorante in La Jolla. I inquired about the cannolis, and the waiter said he would bring out the pastry chef, who was the owner’s wife. She was an attractive, socially skilled woman from Tuscany. She charmed us all, and I knew I was destined to have a cannoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment