Most golfers start out making poor shots. Eventually the hope is to eliminate these shots and begin to hit the ball with proper technique. However, some errors are harder to change than others. What starts out as an error to be corrected can morph into an annoying bad habit.
For example for a while I shanked my short iron shots. I was hitting the ball on the horsel(shaft of the club) rather than the face. The result was that the ball squirted ineffectively to the right. At first the shot didn’t bother me, but when I couldn’t stop shanking, I became increasingly frustrated. The shank became a hated enemy. Even now, though I rarely shank, if I do, I am ready to explode.
As my golf career has progressed I have made new enemies, which I try to rid myself of as quickly as possible. Some go away more easily than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment