1. What’s the drive to Aspen like? Once you get beyond Las Vegas it is a beautiful drive. Southern Utah is scenic, and I always find the drive across the high desert on highway 70 interesting and exciting. I have never encountered much snow until I get within a few miles of Aspen.
2. Is it a friendly place? Yes! The people who work there are nice, and since most tourists are skiing, hiking, and enjoying the climate, they seem to be in good moods. It is hard to be a curmudgeon, when you are having fun.
5. Do you see movie stars there? Once in a while I will see a celebrity. Personal sightings have included Goldie Hawn, George Hamilton, Maria Navratilova and Robert McNamara.
7. Isn’t Aspen expensive?It can be, but if you plan carefully people often make it work for their budget. For example drive there, don’t fly. Don’t eat lunch on the mountain: it costs a fortune. Buy food at the local market and make a lunch. Search carefully, and you can still find some accommodations that are reasonable.
No comments:
Post a Comment