Many of us struggle with chipping, which is hitting a ball
just off the green. It seems like it should be easy, but it is not! Too often
golfers hit the ground first resulting in a stubbed shot, which is too short.
Or they look up, hit the ball thin, and watch it skid far across the green.
These missed shots can be discouraging and wreck good rounds.
Clark Renner, the teaching pro at El Camino Country Club has
been helping me with my chipping. Here is what I have learned:
To hit a low running shot put the ball in the back of your stance. Put your weight on your left side, set
your hands in front of your club. Keep a straight angle between your wrist and
the club. Don't break your wrists when shooting! To get a higher shot, put the
ball in the front of your stance, but still, keep your weight on your front leg.
These methods work! I have been getting more one putts and
fewer three-putt greens because I am getting closer to the hole.
Clark Renner can be reached at clark65@hotmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment