Stories from the road
Hancock, New Hampshire
October 12, 2016
I had a good feeling about the Peterborough Diner, as soon
as I saw it. Maybe it is my cumulated experience of diners. They always seem to
deliver! At any rate I wasn’t mistaken. The roast turkey sandwich that Vicki
and I split was excellent. Our waitress was totally on the ball, and we left
satisfied customers.


The morning has been spent driving through the rolling hills
of southern New Hampshire taking foliage pictures. I thought I had some
excellent ones in the 75 or so I took. However I had neglected to put a memory
card in my camera! Say what?
Stuff
happens, and Vicki and I had a good laugh about it.
In our travels we stumbled on the Monadnock Country Club,
and tomorrow we tee off at 10:00 A.M. It is a 9 hole, hilly course that looks
like fun to play. The man at the course was very friendly and told me they
hadn’t been reserving tee times for ten years due to few players.

Last night Mary Rose came to our Inn, and we had dinner
here. Our waitress was excellent as were our meals. I saw an elderly man walk
to the table next to ours for dinner. I immediately thought, “This is
trouble.”
Sure enough, at one
point he had a meltdown, complaining he had been waiting an hour and a half for
his food. This was a major exaggeration, and I was impressed how the waitress
kept her cool, as did the two women, who were dining with him. Tonight we’ll
meet Mary Rose for dinner at a restaurant in Peterborough.
No comments:
Post a Comment