Thursday, December 28, 2017

Molly's Game

I saw Molly's Game the other night at the La Jolla 12.  It is not a good endorsement of a movie, I suppose, when you keep wondering when it is going to end. Though the story is interesting, I found the movie to be tedious and drawn out.  The film tells the story of a real person's journey from ski champion to high stakes gambling promoter. I was actually more interested in Molly's brother Jeremy, who was a champion mogul skier and later an NFL football player. His character appears briefly in the film.

The film tries to present Molly as a naïve person with integrity, but I couldn't get behind that view. I had recently seen The Darkest Hour about Winston Churchill's valiant effort to rally his fellow politicians around the cause of resistance. That was like going to a 5-star restaurant. Molly's Game was a quick stop at Burger King.


No comments:

Post a Comment