Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cazenovia

Stories from the Road
July 9, 2015
Lake Cazenovia, NY

We ate dinner last night at our hotel, The Brewster Inn. It was peaceful sitting by the window looking out at the lake as we dined. There was a table of attractive young people dining near us. After dinner, they walked to the lake, got into a speedboat, and motored to the other side of Lake Cazenovia. That was very cool.

Our dinner last night was delicious, The Inn offers half portions at a lesser price, and we both took advantage of this deal. I had filet mignon and Vicki had a chicken dish. A Tanqueray Ten martini preceded my meal, and for dessert, we ordered a homemade blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.

Breakfast comes with our room, and I was surprised to find plates of salami and cheese in addition to fruit, cereals, and bagels. The buffet definitely had a European touch to it.

After breakfast, we met Vicki’s cousin Peter at the Cazenovia Golf Club. We had a fun round, though the course is very hilly and challenging. A cat jumped into my golf cart and rode a few holes. He had done the same thing a couple of years ago, and I remembered him.

The Cazenovia area, located near Syracuse, is very attractive.  I find myself drawn to the lakes and rolling green hills that make up the area. The winters are brutal. That is a fact. And they last a long time. It also rains a lot here! One benefit of all the water is beautiful lawns, flowers, and forests.

The woman at the counter at the golf club remembered us from a couple of years ago. She makes great sandwiches and is a pleasant person. I told her she needed to bring her sandwich making skill to Southern California.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment