Sofitel Hotel, England
May 3, 2017
The plane was bouncing like a basketball at 30,000 + feet yesterday, but I didn’t mind. We had two seats across, and I was watching a Bourne movie. For a minute I wondered if a bouncing plane was part of the movie, but it no, it was just Atlantic turbulence.
A transfer plane from Heathrow to Paris would have gotten us into our hotel room
too late, so we had booked a room at the Hotel Sofitel at the airport. This is an upscale hotel with an international clientele. As in the US, many of the help are from other countries, and I wondered how England would fare, when it left the EU.
Our hotel was about a ten-minute walk from customs, and after checking in, we went to the dining room. We split a Caesar’s salad and a pizza, which were very good. I had a pint of Cornish Pilsner. Our waiter, Marek, was from Poland, and we enjoyed talking with him. Years ago we had gone hiking in the High Tatras on the border of Slovakia and Poland, so we had some common ground from which to share experiences. One day we had traveled to Krakow , one of the most beautiful cities I had ever seen. He agreed.
No comments:
Post a Comment